Friday, November 29, 2013

Ack! Dropped Stitches!!

I finished the Hitofude Cardigan late Wednesday afternoon. Gave it a nice hot soak in some Eucalan with Lavender. Took it out squeezed out the water by hands as much as possible, then put it in a towel, rolled it up and squished it out some more. Then laid it out on my bed to block and dry:
Poor lighting to show the details. I had to stand on the bed and look down to get this shot. You'll have to wait to see it all dry.
 Imagine my horror when I looked down and saw this:
ACK! Somehow a slip, slip knit came undone. I've had this happen a few times and don't full understand how it happens. The stitch gets purled on the next row, but this was clearly undone and two stitches to grab a hold of and fix. This was the upper body above the ribbing band. I can tell where the fix is, but you'd have to be looking for it to see it thankfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment