Sunday, February 8, 2009

More chocolate? Read on....

The Whole Foods in the Tanasbourne community area has the following upcoming events to enjoy:
"Thursday February 12th
CHOCOLATEFEST! PASSPORT EVENT
5-8 p.m. $5 donation
Chocolate Fest
ChocolateFest is a storewide tasting event featuring an array of decadent chocolate concoctions, and as an added benefit, supports your community!

Purchase a $5 "passport" ticket at the door, and enjoy exclusive samples of chocolate-inspired food and products found throughout our location. All proceeds from this event directly benefit ChristieCare, one of the oldest continuously operating non-profit agencies serving children and families in Oregon. A bonus at our location: Hand and Stone Spa will be with on hand to perform brief chair massages.

For more information about ChristieCare, please visit http://christiecare.org.

For additional information about ChocolateFest, stay tuned! Menus will be available the week preceding the event.

Friday, February 13th
Sampling Session: Sweets and Bubblies for your Valentine

12-3 pm Free
Looking for that last minute treat for your sweetie? We will be pouring from a selection of sparkling wines and sampling our best treats. Taste it first yourself so your Valentine will be sure to be satisfied."

I'm making it a date with the DH Thursday night event and checking out Friday's sampling for possibilities for the weekend.

New Season's chocolate: didn't like the coconut-curry chocolate but the chili and cherries was good! I liked the toffee and almond milk chocolate. Brandon liked the chai choclate too.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't see the coconut curry chocolate, but I got to New Seasons after 4pm today, so not sure if anything had run out. The chai chocolate was yummy, and I like the holland mints and the other mint and chocolate bar.
    I was thinking of checking out the chocolate fest at whole foods as well :) and the Fri. event sounds fun (I like my wine to have bubbles!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curry flavor was so strong I asked for something to take away the flavor. They gave me a bit of the chocolate-mint and I never tasted the mint over the curry. Oh my!

    I like sweet wines, not dry. Wine coolers work, don't they often have bubbles? I'm going to try for noon-ish on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going on Thursday? I think this sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! Brandon and I are going! I put it on his calendar and everything. I'll meet him there and we'll do that and probably pick up dinner too.

    Looks like a nice inexpensive 'date' option. ;^) I hope we get to see you and Owen there too!

    ReplyDelete