Thursday, January 8, 2009

More spinning

I was going to post last night but I was requested not to stay up late, and to do post I would have been late. So.....

When I was helping Sharon pack up on Sunday there was this lavender roving sample in the basket without a bag and so she told me to take and said that it was BFL (Blue Face Leicester). I love purple so thanked her and added it to the baby alpaca. Here's what it looked like:

It's 1.3 oz and I've again divided it and plan to play with the results to see what kind of design I can come up with. This is how cobwebby it's willing to spin up for me:

I plied the baby alpaca 'Moon in Libra' and it came out as 63 yards of lacy goodness with 20 wpi (wraps per inch):

The Purple Berry yarn is all skeined up too:

1 comment:

  1. oh boy, that BFL spun up pretty! The colorway is called "Bliss" and I love knitting with BFL. I hope it's as nice to spin as it is to knit.

    ReplyDelete