Saturday, December 22, 2012

Capture December, Day 22 - Tradition

A tradition that I had to ask my stepmother to continue is to send an Advent Calendar. She was awesome while William was growing up and sending one to him each year. Then he turned 18 and she thought he was too grown up for it and stopped. It wasn't until we didn't have it that year that I realized how it was a part of our family tradition. So I told her how much we loved them and looked forward to getting it each year, so she's continued.

This year it was a couple days into December and I realized we hadn't gotten the oversized envelope in the mail. There was a card from them that I thought was just a holiday card. I opened it up and was blown away that it was a tiny card sized advent calendar:

What is your family tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment