Monday, August 25, 2008

Hydrangea!

I'm all done with Hydrangea! It's all sitting skeined and waiting for a project. I have almost 300 yards of lace weight merino to look forward to working with. It's a gorgeous blend of sky blue, indigo blue, lavender and purples.

Here it is:
HydrangeaHomespunYarn-1HydrangeaHomespunYarn-Closeup-1

I got them last week but I have 'Spicy' and 'Embarrassment of Riches' waiting in the wings for me to start working on. Embarrassment I got for winning the Tour de Fleece contest and I loved Spicy too, so I paid for it and saved on the shipping that way. They are an 80/20 blend of merino and silk. My first time to work with silk too.
Spicy-Merino-Silk-Roving-1EmbarrassmentOfRiches-MerinoSilkRoving-1

I needed something last night that wouldn't take too much thought to work on, so I started another Basket Rib Hand Towel, this time in Knit Picks Crayon Beach Glass. It's a Pima Cotton that is similar to a boucle, very soft too. It doesn't show a lot of pattern definition, I thought, but well enough to tell where I got distracted, came back and thought I was on one side to later find out that I have two rows that are on the wrong side. Oh well, its now a design feature. ;^)


I had fun taking some shots of a beautiful day lily by the pond:



Then thought I'd try taking pics of the pond:


Can you spot Nessa in the background? I made the mistake of showing her about the Gooseberries under the willows and she was busy harvesting.

I'm possibly going to cast on for Wyvern with my Jewel Shibui Knit. I'm thinking socks would be a nice change up.

No comments:

Post a Comment