Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bobbie Blue Falling Water Scarf Done!

I'm on a roll! I spent a few hours this morning working to finish up Bobbie Blue. Then there was the blocking. Best place was the ironing board, its out of the way of the dogs and has cushion. It's 77 inches long blocked and my ironing board isn't that long. ;^) So blocked in sections.

Took it outside and it was just starting to sprinkle when I started taking pictures of it. Brandon tried out a few photos with it up in the grape arbor.
BobbieBlueFallingWaterScarf-1BobbieBlueFallingWaterScarfCloseup-1

What to do with the unknown bit of Malabrigo Lace?


After getting that all out of the way, I started plying Hydrangea. Both of the spindles fit into my shoe box lazy kate and up through the top hole to make it easier than the last time to ply. It's coming out to be a gorgeous purple dominant yarn. I can't wait to see it skeined up.



I alternated plying with time cutting strips and then sewing them up. Then came cutting and then sewing them into blocks. I ended up with fourteen block sets. I still have the squares to cut out to make the complete block. It will end up being eight inch blocks. So the quilt will be 3x4 and most likely a four or six inch border with cornerstones. No pictures of the quilt progress yet.

I'm trying to resist casting on for another hand towel. Need to get the quilt done. I figure I'll work on Sinuate next, though for which project came first, the Habu shawl should be next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment