Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blue Happy Feet Mitt Envy are done!

Talk about a fast knit! I think they each took one day to do, so definitely something to remember when there is a need for a quick gift. I also was able to use up the ~140 yards of blue Happy Feet that I had leftover from the Jaywalkers so double bonus!
HappyFeetBlueMittEnvy-1HappyFeetBlueMittEnvy-4
Unfortunately, the Happy Feet is horrible to photograph! The cables are noticeable in person, but you'll have to trust me I guess. They are a nice snug fit on my hand and I don't think they'll have the wear issues that I've had with the Fetchings. If you have larger hands, you'll need to definitely do a gauge check to see how it works for you.

I'm tempted to scoop up the leftover Shibuiknits Jewel and make another pair, but I think I'll try out YMMV first so I can possibly get two pairs of socks. If it doesn't work I can always frog and make another pair of Mitt Envy.

What I really should be starting on though is Pasha. He's going to go to niece Kaisha for her birthday at the end of the month. I've also picked up the fabric for niece Bailey's wall quilt. I had done a cross stitch picture years ago and its been collecting dust since because I couldn't afford to have it framed and matted. Still can't but someone else did a sampler as a wall quilt and I thought, why not? Just need to get the dust off of it first.

This is a free HBO weekend so I loaded up the TIVO with tons of movies and shows and we've been going through them - No Reservations, Dreamgirls, Things We Lost in the Fire, so far lots more still coming up. So knitting, vegging and having a generally peaceful weekend.

ETA: I've mentioned that I've been working on the Embarrassment of Riches merino/silk blend, doesn't it look gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment