Thursday, October 24, 2013
Things that drive you crazy
So that superwash Merino, Blackberry Surprise. It was driving me crazy that it was under-plied. So I popped back on the bulky head on my Lendrum and respun it adding in more twist. It added in my length to the end yarn so that was cool.
So I was in a 'must finish' these WIPs that are lingering around or get rid of them. Of course Earl Ed's pouch was up first. I still need to practice my fingerloop braiding, but I can do i-cord. I decided to try something I haven't done before and I don't think I've seen too many other people do it either - I used two colors! I alternated the rows and I like how it chained up. I used up the last of the red making up the little pom-poms or the more correct term - tassels.
I think it came out really nice with all those finishing touches!
The other project that I had been let sit on the back burner was a little gargoyle that Jaime asked me to make for her. She kind of knits, but wasn't up to doing a toy. I had almost all the parts done, it was the stuffing and sewing up and re-doing a foot that was slowing me down. But I persevered and got it done!
He did come out cute! Then a few weeks later, I realized I hadn't read the ear construction instructions fully. I knew I had extra ear parts, but they didn't fall out when I was putting everything together. I think he looks just fine the way his ears are. Jaime loved him and has him sitting on the book case in the dining room area.