Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spinning Bee

This morning I worked on William's Twisted Beer Glove Envy. I have the glove body and the thumb done. Just need to work on the other fingers after doing a couple more rows to bring it up further on the hand. I'll start with the pinky and then work my way back towards the thumb I think. This is the left glove.

I had originally planned to do the Son of Stitch n' Bitch's Beer Gloves using Rowan Scottish Tweed in a nice neutral Oatmeal color. I had gauge and everything but since William's hands aren't much bigger than mine, his would have been swimming in the glove body I had. I also didn't really like the way the purl body looked. Frogged and came up with the plan of using the Mitt Envy that I've done before as a guide line. Tried with with the Scottish Tweed but it just wasn't going to work. It's a DK and the pattern calls for fingering. Went to the stash for a fingering substitute and pulled out my Knit Picks Stroll in Black. You can see a thumbnail of it on the right, larger pic if you're on Ravelry. ;-)

Today was the Knitting Bee's first Spinning Bee. Trish has been trying to talk store owner Jami into it for a while I heard and they finally settled on the Second Sunday of the month, 3:30-5:30pm. This works out nicely as a schedule that everyone can put on their calendar and meet. Trish was pleasantly surprised by how many people showed up! I knew at least five us planned to be there, so less so. LOL

Here's some pictures of it, please forgive the blurry ones through the store displays, but it was also kind of fun to get them that way. ;-)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There was lots of talking and laughing as well as spinning. Trish also turned a drop spindler into a wheel spinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment