Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Yarn

I had been looking at my queue and the Orion socks that I'd like to start soon had Malabrigo sock planned for them. I have the Malabrigo sock yarn, but looking at other projects I just wasn't feeling it with the yarns I had picked. So looked at the Shibuiknits sock yarns and decided on the cool named Roppongi and their new sock yarn Staccato - 65% superwash merino, 30% silk and 5% nylon in a pretty yellow aptly named 'Butter'. 

If I don't finish Gail's second sock tonight, it will be done tomorrow. I then have another pair of the Burnside Winter Twilight Mitts to make for Susan to use in her booth. These will be totally out of her Abstract Fiber since she sent me a skein of 'Little Black Dress' an all black skein. So kind of three different contract knitting projects to get done all before February 12th. I'm also working on another pair of socks for holiday gift giving for sister Tanya.

Why such a hard deadline? I've committed myself to two teams for Ravelympics - Team BMFA and Team Spin-Knit. I may get wild and do a third event. I have Sock Hockey with BMFA and a pair of socks for my sister Jennifer. For Team Spin-Knit I planned the Short Track Shawl but may also add in Flying Camel Spin. I don't think I'll have any problems getting the cast ons done during the opening event. It's also getting in the spinning time. I think if I did an hour each day that it might work.  After all if you're doing an event you're not doing it every day of the Olympics usually, right?
My sister Tanya will be coming down from Snohomish on the 15th, along with mom flying in from Reno. We're finally going to get Grandma Dona settled in with Grandpa Howard up at Willamette National Cemetery.

After back to back colds and a cold sore thrown in along for the fun, I'm starting to be healthy. Next weekend there's a Spin-In down in Newport. I have permission to use the beach house so some of use will be driving down Friday night and spending the weekend down there. It should be fun!

ETA: Changed post title and took out a sample info and pics, hope this isn't too confusing......

3 comments:

  1. The cowl/scarflet looks really pretty, and pretty on you. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see your face! :o)

    I bet that yarn was divine to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was divine! I hate having my picture taken. ;-) Plus that day I was starting my chipmunk imitation with my glands swelling up under my jaw. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete