Friday, October 30, 2009

Curious Competition

Darn FaceBook had an ad for Celtic Thunder and I clicked on it and have lost some time listening/watching songs. I stumbled across someone who was doing a comparison of one song Caledonia between Celtic Women and Celtic Thunder. A lot of people thought that Lisa Kelly's version better, but personally I found Celtic Thunder's more stirring.  What's your vote?

Celtic Women:


Celtic Thunder:


Then I love Enya's Orinoco Flow and so listened to Celtic Women's verision:


Enya's version with the original video:


Which do you think is the better version? I'm still leaning towards Enya's but then that might be because I've heard it more often.

3 comments:

  1. The celtic thunder guy's voice annoys me, so I vote Celtic Women. Orinoco Flow sounds lighter to me with the Celtic Women so they get my vote again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of the Celtic Women ones is tinny, but when I went to listen to them on my Itunes, it is the same quality. The Celtic Thunder one is much more mellow and easier to listen to. I could listen to the Celtic Women Orinoco Flow much easier though then Enya's. I like all of them though as musicians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa singing Caledonia will always be the best. Orinoco Flow is a toss up.

    ReplyDelete