Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Odds and ends

Norbert is depressed with his cone of doom. He's become even more of a little couch potato. This morning he didn't come out of the bedroom for a couple hours after I got up, usually both dogs get up with me and go outside and then move to the couch. Well Norbert to the couch and Nessa to the floor at my feet at the desk.
Norbert and his Cone of Doom:

 
He's like a cat and walks along the back of the couch and then settles on a cushion, or two. We try not to laugh too much when he sinks into the cushion and has a hard time getting out. The cone also causes turning problems on one side where there's a wall or the lamp.

I made three mini loaves of some beer bread last week to go with the homemade soups. Mini loaves because my silicone loaf pan appears to have suffered a knife accident and had a two inch slit in its side. Brandon didn't take the opportunity to eat any and since there's one bottle left, I'm going to have to do another batch:


While I was outside photographing the cormo/silk a flash of pink out of the corner of my caught my attention. I went to investigate and found that one of the summer plants were going through a second late bloom. I played with the camera and taking pictures of the blooms. I don't know the name of the plant, it came from Brandon's grandmother's house and she always called them fuschia's - they aren't. The base reminds me of lamb's ears.


 
I'm enjoying them on my desk next to Blue Boy (the betta fish). Recognize the flower?

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flower color! I haven't a clue what they are, sure do love that color though.

    Your bread looks yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look like a phlox to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a phlox, but a good guess. The base of the plant, not shown here, is very similar to Lamb's Ears plants: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/grumpstar404/stachysbysantinsilvercarpet.jpg just a narrower leaf and with these flowers instead.

    ReplyDelete