I live in the Great Pacific Northwest where I read lots of books, you can check them out in my Shelfari bookshelf to the right. I currently knit and spin and have become more active in the SCA so more sewing! I also do quilt and bead-work and have learned how to Norse wire weave. I do have past experience with crochet and ceramics, but don't do a lot of it now. I may also be lured into weaving in the near future, so life is fun and interesting! Come share my adventures!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Scarf and Soups
I completed the FlaxenKernel Scarf and blocked it out Friday night with the new to me set of blocking wires that I bought from Maxfun. They were great to work with! I dropped it off this afternoon at Knit-Purl and promptly used some of my store credit to buy 'yarn' for Christmas projects for my mom and mother-in-law, Judy.
It was cool to find out that because of the Habu Silk Transverse Scarf sample that I had knitted for the store that it had been doing its job and inspiring people to buy the silk to make their own projects. Satisfaction!
Yarn, Habu Textiles A-60 Shosenshi Paper - 100% linen, colors, Eggplant & Apple Green:
Intended pattern is from AlterKnits and are paper shades for lights. You'll have to wait to see them if you haven't seen the pattern in the book. ;-)
I've spent the last couple of days making soups from these:
I have two different squash soups that are in the freezer and just waiting to be pulled out for lunch/dinner. I've also made a couple of 'beer' soups - cheese & potato and cheese & cauliflower. The first one for Brandon to have to alternate his normal lunches he makes and the cauliflower for me. I'm the only one in the house that likes cauliflower. They seemed like nice fall soups to make and have around. Luckily I have an upright freezer in the garage to help store them until needed.
Norbert had his ear surgery on Thursday and currently wearing the 'cone of doom'. Turns out he also had two broken upper molar type teeth that might have been playing a part in his finickiness in eating. It was suggested that they be removed, one had pulp showing. The teeth of course were difficult to remove - breaking in bits when attempted, so took longer to get out and of course made for a more expensive process. Sigh. I thought he was a 'gold' dog before but he's definitely moved into the 'platinum' range with this last visit.
Finally have the cormo/silk blend that I've been spinning up as singles. I have the bulky head on the wheel and have started plying it. It's going to be a bit of time at the wheel before its done. I've started work again on Kaisha's Fairy Wings - yes, I do realize they are really late now, thank you. I also have a spider, spider geisha fingerless mittens and a Jayne hat to make all before the end of the month. Burning the needles on these! So you dear reader will have some more pictures of finished projects in the near future.