Sunday, March 1, 2009

Madi's Tulips Cardi

My very first human sweater is complete! I used the Tulips baby cardigan kit from The Knitting Bee with the accompanying pattern. The yarn is Dream in Color Classy. Very pretty colors and the yarn is smooshy. Very easy pattern to follow with satisfying results. I was kind of nervous because some of the little balls seemed to have less than others and so I had odd amounts of leftovers.

My leftovers:

Since baby Madi is currently about six months old, I need to get it up to her ASAP! She should get a few months wear out of it before the weather really warms up.

The sweater:



I'll probably end up knitting another baby sweater before I actually make one for myself. I am leaning towards making a 'Hey Teach!' as my first personal sweater or Spring Fling.

Now to finish knitting up those cranes, so they can be felted and sewn up for Wednesday night.

7 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! Congratulations on a beautiful FO. Perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! It is very springlike isn't it? I hadn't really made that connection, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cute! Congrats on your first hoomin-intended sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Baby sweaters are much more manageable than big people sweaters, less expensive too. ;^) Are they like socks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. me again--I nominated you for an award! Details are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't it a fun knit? This was my first sweater too! I have to decide what to make with my left over yarns as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how yours came out too! I'm going to try out the toddler sock either on Wednesday or Thursday on a real live toddler to see how it looks and then go from there. Might work as a hat too!

    ReplyDelete