Saturday, March 21, 2009

Circling the Band Socks & more stash?

I should have started earlier in the evening last night and the toe would have been done yesterday, instead it was done this morning and all photographed with daylight instead of flash and lots of overhead lights. Not sure if that helped. ;^)

Circling the Band Socks:




They feel yummy and I like how snug they fit around my foot. I think decreasing a needle size really is the way to go, especially if you're just knitting the foot. These will be fun to wear this spring.

I started working Fridays and two Mondays out of the month at All About Yarn in Tigard. I went in last Friday to show her my work and at the end of it she asked when I could start. I went in on Monday and worked a couple of hours learning the store and getting some training from Lianne. Pay is above minimum wage and there's a 20% discount on regularly marked items. The trick will be not to spend the salary on yarn! I spotted the Noro Cash Iroha in the discount bin and loved the rich burgundy color and the feel and so looked up on Ravelry that someone made a Foliage hat with it. That's in my queue, so it was looking really tempting. Then I spotted that there was a burgundy Frog Tree Alpaca Sport also in there with the Noro and I immediately thought - use this for the ribbing and definitely have enough to make a Foliage hat. Yes, both came home with me but I'm going to be 'good' in the future and make sure that new yarn doesn't come home with me every shift. ;^) I'm justifying this purchase with the fact that April is 'hats' month on the make ahead group and I have several hats in my queue I intended for gifts. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!


Because of work I now have to teach myself how to knit socks two at one time - ala one needle and magic loop or two needles at one time. There are people who want a class or currently doing a class that make socks this way. Hopefully I don't find this too difficult or fiddly so I'm willing to teach others. ;^) There's also another project I've been tasked with but I don't want to spill the beans until things are more firm.

The cranes were blogged at Knit-Purl, unfortunately they also wanted my picture!

ETA: I really didn't mean to do it, truly. She reduced the price though and I started thinking 'little girl' something - cardi, dress, girly. #42 is mine.

3 comments:

  1. See what happens when you go to work? You just spend it! But we're stimulating the economy, doing our part for the good of the nation. Yup, you can quote me and my new STR on that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new gig! Have fun. Boy will your stash grow exponentially now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm going to try to be 'good' and not have a lot of yarn come home with me though! I have a lot that needs to be knit up first. It's bad enough that I'm looking at other people's 'destashes' and having things come home to my stash.....

    ReplyDelete