Friday, March 27, 2009

Busy Week!

Monday and Friday have been 'learn the new job' days and apparently the 'busy' days at the shop. RaNaye had made the comment this morning when I came in that the rest of the week hadn't been busy after my Monday for a spring break week. Today was plenty busy! There was a partial shipment that *finally* arrived from Malabrigo so I was able to pet some of the new worsted colorways that I hadn't seen before. Yummy! Thankfully for my pocketbook the sock yarn didn't come today. ;^)

I've also come up with at least four people for an afternoon class (3-5pm) on Wednesdays with a possibility of two more in the class. I plan to use my class money as a 'wheel fund'. Shelia suggested on Wednesday that I might like the Louet Julia, it does look tempting. It says single, but looks double.....

Wednesday morning was spent spinning camel and I spun more Thursday night and still have more to spin. I'm enjoying the heck out of it but really looking forward to having this done.

I've spent time washing Anne's fleece and took the 1/4 left of Bobbie's Big Bertha fleece. Big Bertha is a black and grey fleece and also has a bit of dandruff, just not as obvious as in Anne's. I'm trying to get all fleece washed by this next Wednesday when it will be our turn with the drum carder. I let Duffy go next in line because I knew I wasn't going to be ready in time.

Picked up my two twenty-four inch US 1 needles today so that I can do the Cat Bordhi two circs sock knitting. Cindy has loaned me her two books on it, and it looks much easier than the 2 on 1 circular method. I need to start these early enough Saturday so that I can take them along to Brandon's "pre-reunion" get together.

I also have some Dundee yarn from Abstract Fiber to turn into a sample of my choice. I've been hunting for patterns that aren't sock yarn to use. Leaning towards a shawlette, but have a couple of hats that are tempting too.

Late Monday and all day on Tuesday were spent on this, Burnside Winter Twilight Mitts:
It's made out of Abstract Fiber Supersock Burnside Bridge and Knit Picks Essential Black. Need to get the second one done so I can put them away for gift giving. It's a little snug on my hand and a little longer in the wrist area than I like but overall an easy pattern. The sides are mirrored so both gloves are identical.

Upcoming fun things - April 3-5 is the Gem Faire as Washington County Fairgrounds. $5 for a weekend pass and it will get you in free to the next one at the Convention Center in July. May 1-3 in the Faire In the Grove at a new location - McMennamin's Grand Lodge. If you're interested in a Mother's Day Tea, the Scholls Grange is having "Fine Feathers and Fabulous Friends on May 16th, tickets sold in advance only. Let me know if you'd like contact info for this event. (The Scholls Grange Women also have a plant sale the first weekend in April if you'd like to take a drive in the country.)

No comments:

Post a Comment