Monday, March 30, 2009

We have a location!

I have spent time in the last few months trying to find a location for this year's World Wide Knit in Public Day event for the westside. I had just about narrowed it down to renting one of the city parks for a shift (they rent them in two different shifts for the day). It would have been a $20 expense that could have been reimbursed by participants making a donation or with sponsors helping to defray the cost.

Tiggywinkleknits after a conversation emailed the suggestion of the Hillsboro Cultural Arts Center. They rent different parts of the building but we had interest in their lawn and terrace areas. I received the approval today to use their facility and they would like to be one of our sponsors - yea!

I'll recontact Jami at The Knitting Bee to again be a sponsor, the ladies at Kathy's Knit Korner and chat with RaNaye at All About Yarn as new sponsors. We'll also see about getting a poster made so that we can have their store names on the that as well.

I started work on the second Burnside Winter Twilight Mitt and I think I may have discovered why it was feeling so snug on me. I may have worked them on my US 0 dpns instead of the planned 1s. I don't think I made that mistake but we'll see. How did I find this out? I was looking for my 0s so I could finish the foot of my sock with them and couldn't find them until I looked on the mitt. Sigh.

I have been successful in working my first sock on two circulars thus far. As I mentioned I'm on the foot working towards the toe. I figure it still counts since I will have done the lions share on the circs before switching to dpns. I'm going to wait a couple weeks before I buy the size 0 dpns. I was enamored by any of the patterns in the two Cat B books Maxfun loaned though I did try the Columbine Peak sock but 72 sts is too big for me even on 1s. So I was looking through my Eclectic Sole by Janel Laidman, when I realized that her patterns were setup to be done either way. Went with her Simplicity sock pattern:
It shows that I had picked up the gusset stitches and working on the gusset in the photo with the circs.

The next sock I'll try with them will be a toe up and might see if I can be wild and fit two on at the same time. ;^) I'm looking at Widdershins as a candidate, any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment