Saturday, April 28, 2012

3KCBWDay6 Mad Skills

Last year I thought I'd like to try Entrelac and I may still try it, but right now, it really doesn't excite me. Gasp! I don't know, maybe if I got some self striping yarn that does excite me and just calls out to become an entrelac something or other it will happen. Want to tempt me? ;-)

I was chatting with a drop spindler at the Irish Spring Feast and she had recently taken a Twined Knitting class. At first I thought she was talking about Double Knitting that I had finally gotten around to trying out this last year:

My double knitted hot pad I gave as a hostess gift to my cousin's wife at Thanksgiving.

Is an old Scandinavian technique that creates a denser fabric, here's the Knitty Tutorial on how to do it.  I've had a pair of mittens in my queue, also from Knitty, for a long time but don't think I realized they are Twined Knitted. I've added in a hat pattern to really help learn the process.

Do I want to moebius? I do have a few in my queue. What new skill do you want to learn this year?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to try Double Knitting since I keep hearing about it! Also curious about entrelac. Good luck with the twined knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille!

      There are some nice free patterns for the double knitting to try out. I still want to try doing different designs on each side, so the coffee/tea cup pot holder is still in the works.

      Delete