Thursday, April 26, 2012

3KCBWDAY4 Knitter for all seasons

In the beginning I started out with small projects and then was a bit seasonal because I would try to knit Christmas gifts starting in the fall. So hats and gloves were the way to go.

I've grown to the last couple years to knitting all year towards Christmas using monthly themes with a Ravelry group - Christmas Monthly Make Ahead. It was kind of nice to have other people join you in your insanity and have a place to show off your projects along the way. You don't have to be rigid in only knitting your stuff in that themed month, but it can help.

This year, while still a member of that group, I've really gone insane and am trying to do a bunch of 12s. Hats, mittens, socks and shawls as well as sweaters. Then one of my groups, a sock one stalled me out on trying to use a purchased pattern for February and the sock pattern was incredibly fussy and an attention hog. It stalled me from some of the others and I had to take March off of knitting towards many of the groups.

It did help, I came up with a plan that I'm implementing for April. I stand a pretty good chance of making it work. That's for next week though.

I'm fair skinned and burn. The bright light of the sun can trigger migraines. What does that mean? I have a tendency towards being a semi-cave dweller with air conditioning. Thus, spinning or knitting with warm wool in the summer isn't going to slow me down. I do have some lovely cottons that I'd like to get knit soon for summer weather wear.

Does the weather affect what you knit? Or not allow you to knit? What do you do when you're not knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment