Monday, August 29, 2011

Socks, I have socks!

Please forgive any typos, I burned the ring finger on my left hand and hunt-peck typing, ;-)

I finished the second sock of the penispoopcakewaffle socks:

I found another ankle sock to go with the Best Friend Anklet - Girlie Anklet Sock. It went much faster than the first one! I did run out of pink and had to go to the Kool-aid dyed Lion Brand Sock-Ease:
I couldn't leave it that way, so a combination of Kool-aid dyeing occurred to give me these results:


I kind of like them!

The other item off the needles is my Shetland Shawl that will go to a non-wool wearing home as a Christmas gift. I got the yarn from Tammy, its been in her stash awhile as Blue Moon Fiber Arts doesn't list it at all. 100% cotton lace in Blue Boo! colorway. It has kind of a mauve color and I added clear beads to the edging rows to add weight and some bling. :-)


But I'm not done with socks for the month! I did a free Mystery KAL where the clues came out each Friday. I had fun with the first clue, even starting late, and figured if I wanted a pair by the end of the month, I had to also get started on the second. I used some pretty Malabrigo Sock in Chocolate Amargo. I probably should have saved it for some man socks, but I'll stkk enjoy wearing them this fall. ;-)



I am just one pair short of being back on track for a pair a month, I think. lol  I have a cheater quickie that I would be working on, except the finger is on fire when its not melting an ice cube, :-( I also have cowl all ready to go, yarn balls all wound, pattern printed and needles ready. Maybe tomorrow....





No comments:

Post a Comment