Monday, June 29, 2009

Birthday Purchases

My sister Jennifer gave me a gift certificate for Amazon. I found out that I could make purchases through them of JoAnn products. So picked up some Naturally Caron.com yarns to make a Summer Chevron top with it. When it was delivered I found that I had made a small mistake in one of the yarns. Luckily I have a spring green I can substitute for the Berry Frappe. (I was going for the bamboo blend because they have more yardage and would make nice summer wear.) The colors are cream, berry frappe and taupe:


With the money the parents sent and in preparation for the Spinning Handpainted Socks class with Janel Laidman at Sock Summit I ordered to 8 ounce bundles of superwash Merino 62 roving in white. I'm going to let Sara play with the dyeing since she recently did a day long class in it. There was also an 8 ounce bundle of Romney-Perendale for only $8 so that got included along with a little bottle of oil for the bobbins on the Lendrum (it doesn't need oil elsewhere).

The color is dark grey and fawn for the Romney-Perendale.

I picked up more yarn that can also be made into a Chevron Sweater in Susan Pandorf's Destash Sale. It's some Jaeger Aqua a cotton DK weight. The colors are white,aqua and chrome:

2 comments:

  1. That yarn looks fantastic! Can hardly wait to see how it knits up.

    ReplyDelete