Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th! Tour de Fleece Day 1

We were up bright and early to head out to Scholls to pick up the reserved raspberries. Yes, I could have picked them myself, but it was already pretty warm and bright at 10am. Two flats are now waiting to be made into jam tomorrow morning.

In preparation for dinner I've marinated the flat iron steaks, made potatoe salad, whipped up a key lime pie (with key limes!) and have white corn on the cob waiting to go into the pot. I'm looking forward to dinner! ;-) I had to take a picture of the key lime pie, since its my first attempt and it looked pretty. It will look prettier with its whip cream and lime zest later too:

Thursday afternoon I stopped in at JoAnn's to pick up some ceramic glue and found a copy of June's Simply Knitting magazine on the stand, 10% off. This is a UK magazine that always has a goodie included with the actual magazine and often a bonus insert. This one had some bamboo dpns and a dpn holder as well as a cool sock pattern:


This year the Honeyberry had favorable conditions and produced more than two or three berries:
I'm going to probably blend them in with a milkshake. ;-)

I showed the pink superwash that was given to me. I spun up what was on the bobbin at the weekly spinning on Wednesday. It was approximately 1.4 ounces. I weighed out 1 ounce this morning and spent the afternoon between projects spinning it up. It's my contribution for Day 1 of Tour de Fleece. I'm part of two wildcard teams: Fleece Bottom Girls and Portland Spinnerati. I want to finish up the pink and try to get the one pound of purple Jacob I picked up at Dublin Bay during the Seattle-PDX Yarn Crawl back in January. The pink:


Last night I figured out that the reason why I had 'so much leftover yarn' for the Bonsai Swing Top was because I was almost done with the back portion. I had conveniently forgotten I was supposed to do two pieces of the bottom skirt. I had really hoped to get this done over the weekend and be able to take in to the shop on Monday. I'll see how far I get but I'm certainly not holding my breath on that one! I forgot to take a WIP pic of it today, so will try for tomorrow.

Tour de Fleece means that there will most likely be more blog posts, shorter too. ;-)

Have a happy and safe 4th of July celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment