Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rose City Yarn Crawl 2012 - Day 2

So technically Saturday was day three of the official yarn crawl, but it was the second day for me. It was also another day where someone had already scheduled something for me to do! It was a Baronial Largess work day and I had volunteered to open up the Aloha Grange so that we could have plenty of space to work. Brandon and I met Jamie and got things setup. Jamie was working on embroidering handkerchiefs for the Baroness to hand out when people receive awards in court. Brandon with some advice from Jamie measured one of our director's chairs we use in camp to make a slipcover for it and was doing some sewing on a doublet. Then Lisa and her youngest arrived, with Kelley stopping to drop off stuff before getting Kerry and bringing her back. Andrea came with her two littles so Lisa's had someone to play with. Our Herald Danna also came and brought her gorgeous black cocker spaniel Peyton. The Baroness had dropped off a box that had been given to her of donated headcoverings that needed further embellishment along with her stash of beads. Jamie, Lisa and I and then Andrea were caught up in segregating out the different colors of beads for the different projects and it soon morphed into almost all of them getting their own little baggies. Kelley and Kerry were busy sewing banners while were playing with the beads and Danna made some really cool Norse Bling (scroll down to middle) - aka apron dress necklace.

We got done about 4pm, and I had hoped to show Lisa the yarn store closest to her out in Forest Grove, Kathy's Knit Korner, but she got a call on the way that a sick little needed to make a visit to the pediatric ER at  Saint Vincent's, so off she went. (Everything turned out okay with the little after the visit.) I was left to venture off to Sharon's new shop alone. Sharon of Stitchjones had bought KKK a few months ago and I hadn't yet gotten out to visit.
Sharon and her helpful husband at Kathy's Knit Korner

Kathy's Knit Korner's prize basket

The Knitting Bee
While in the store another crawler came in. She had come down from Alaska on the advice of a friend. Wow!
The Knitting Bee's prize basket
I was happy to find that The Knitting Bee had a nice selection of Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift (I had seen it at Happy Knits and knew that Knit Purl also carried it), so I didn't have to make another trip to get a skein. I want to do another Gunnister Purse but this one to use in an Arts and Science competition, so on US 00 and the recommended yarns. I have the red and white in the Jamieson's, I just needed a grey or natural color  for the main body of the bag. I picked up the needles at Knit Purl, so now am set to make it.

Happy day too that I was able to take care of these two stores and only have eight more to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment