Thursday, January 13, 2011

A shawlette and socks

I started them the same night and finished them the same day. Different times of course but same day. The Crimson Haruni ended up being more of a shawlette than a full shawl. It will look nice wearing it as a neckerchief. There are "secret" plans for this project, but you'll have to wait until the first part of August for me to let you in on what they are.

Pre-blocking:
Blocking:
 Blocked:
The yarn is Stitchjones Titanium Sock in Crimson, ten stems instead of the twelve. Ended up with 19 grams leftover. I think it will be come a baby hat.

The Roppongi Orion's Socks are also done. I was able to make them identical instead of the fraternal that the pattern designer had to do. Wonder if it had to do with the different heels? I ended up with just 21 yards leftover of the Staccato Butter. Will definitely go towards a blanket square. I also have 80 yards of the Roppongi leftover but haven't found a pattern to link it.

They are bright and cheerful and a pretty easy pattern for the first socks of the year.

Tuesday in the late afternoon it started to snow and there was concern about freezing rain, so didn't get to do the monthly Portland Spinnerati spinning. I was also really tired Wednesday morning and ended up not having the regular spinning, so this afternoon I have been spinning to make up for both. I've made progress, but still have more to go before I'm done with this batt. Wednesday morning it was 31 degrees, by evening it was up to 50 degrees. Today it hit 57 degrees. Creeks that had gone down are rising and cresting their banks again. We're also supposed to get a lot more rain over the next week.  Hopefully the Seattle Yarn Train people are prepared for rain!

1 comment:

  1. Stop it! You're making me want to knit lace!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete