I did finish up late last week spinning up the burgundy batt from Spinner's Hill that Shelia brought back from Rhinebeck two years ago. It was a bit of a battle with this batt to spin up nicely. It wanted to be very nuppy. I spent Sunday plying it with the bulky head and ended up with a total of 671.5 yards that I think is a heavy lace or light finger weight. I won't be sure until I do the wraps per inch measurement. Because the bobbins weren't even in distribution I tried joining the end with the rest and found when pulling off onto the niddy-noddy that the join wasn't successful. So I have a small skein that may be used with the big skein in a project, we'll have to wait and see. If nothing else it will become a square in my barn raising quilt square afghan project.
There has also been success in getting the dogs out atleast three times, if not more, a week for a good long walk. I have been taking them to Dawson Creek Park and depending upon the time and weather, can change the length of our walk. They come home smelling a little gamey from walking in the mud from the ducks and Canadian geese, but seem as if they thoroughly enjoy the walks. I've been losing inches and pounds over the last few months and hope to lose more with our walks.