Friday morning I was wore one of the dresses that I had been up late Wednesday finishing. Took my supplies for Sock War, in case I wasn't able to get one of the twenty kits that were donated, and went to wait to sign in. Brandon also came along early because he wanted to take a Japanese Book Binding class. That class was cancelled so he went with a different book binding class.I signed in that I would work on the sock and be available for picture proof that I was working on the sock. The kit consisted of three skeins of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in Charcoal and a set of size US 6 Lion Brand needles, in a pretty lavender color.
Friday afternoon I learned how to weave in the round with a board loom. Celia is the instructor's name and she's working on a Master's of Textiles degree. She doesn't spin but does weave and knit and a few other skills I can't remember. Caffeine was on a definite shortage this weekend. This is how far I got with my pouch with a flap:
Thursday night I had the distant sound of drums to help me fall asleep. Friday night I found out that the Spartans camped across the 'road' from our camp were also drummers. There was drumming until 3:30 or 4am. How do I know the time? I'd gotten up to walk to the facilities and the drumming could still be heard from one of the encampments ;-) Leeloo liked the Spartans, they were often wearing open toed shoes. Saturday there was more drumming, but Sunday I missed the drumming for the drinking they were doing. I may learn how to drum now that I've gotten used to the sound.
Saturday was another early morning to show up for a class/event. Brandon and Arlo wanted to take the Ghillie shoe making class but were also interested in the Haversack class. I volunteered to go to the Haversack class so that they could come home with shoes. Brandon's Ghillie's:
The haversack or pilgrim bag is a fulled wool with blanket stitch to close. I added more blanket stitches around the flap and around the shoulder strap. I ran out just a foot short on one side of the strap. The yarn is Paton's so I should be able to find some more red to finish. This is another easy project to do and something that could be done as a class for an event.