Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Wide Knit in Public Day 2010

It was a wonderful day at the Hillsboro Farmer's Market with lots of knitting, yarn destashed - some went to new homes to become future chemo caps, comfort shawls for hospice patients and other useful items. We had lovely door prize donations from Jami at The Knitting Bee. I was even lucky and won a pretty shawl pin. We had a male knitter, EvanP (Rav link sorry) who had a lovely sweater project but didn't get to chat. We had a young lady knitting that impressed the knitters around her. There was also Noriko who came down from Bellevue just to knit with us. I wasn't going to ask who was the oldest, not polite! ;-)


Now off to start packing for our trip. I'm going to take the laptop, but don't think we'll have internet connection. Maybe when we're in Leavenworth? If not, know that reading, knitting and sewing will be happening along with walks and resting.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time; what a beautiful day! Sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely day for knitting with fellow fiberholics. Thank you, Tami for all your work in bringing it together!

    BTW I love the new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! You got your sunshine!!! :o)

    I guess I missed our WWKIP, but it's so hot here, I only go outside when absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun! Only wish I could have stayed longer.

    ReplyDelete