Friday, June 25, 2010

Some fibery stuff

As mentioned in previous posts I have tried to get some knitting done. I have a few pictures to show what's been done.  The progress of the Burnside Winter Twilight Mitts:


How I knit them

From the right side


The coopworth that I was spinning on the Traveler and plied on the Lendrum. I still need to finish plying up the little bit and then I'm thinking of re-plying for a 4-ply.


I still need to finish up a couple of other projects and really shouldn't have started another one, but the plan was to finish at least one of them while on vacation so I could start the new one with a clean conscious. I didn't finish either of the WIPs, but I still went ahead and started Ishbel with my handspun. I'm resisting the call to pick it up again and make more progress until the WIPs are done. Here's how far I got though:


While playing outside with Leeloo I was looking at my lavender starting to bloom. I had the thought of making some wands out them as something to sell at future events. I thought I might be able to get some done before the one upcoming the weekend of July 4th, but apparently the ribbon weaving needs to be tightened up as they dry out. I am also thinking about some batches of mustards - wine and beer varieties. Not sure that they would be done for next weekend either. At least I'm coming up with these ideas for money-making, just have to get them implemented.

3 comments:

  1. When I make wands I do the weaving really tight and have never needed to re-weave or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, I haven't read your blog for awhile. I like your new format. Leeloo is so cute. The Coopworth is very nice yarn. I can't tell it was a pain to clean.
    Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make your own mustard? Cool! I'm a mustard fiend!

    Will you have to re-ply what you've already plied if you do a 4 ply (cabled?) yarn?

    ReplyDelete