Friday, March 5, 2010

The third is complete

No pictures of it yet, its still resting on the bobbin. I finished plying up the yak-merino yarn. It's full on the bobbin so I imagine I achieved a decent amount of yardage for a nice project in my future. I wanted to do a mini-post though since tomorrow will be action packed. This weekend is the city wide Portland Yarn Crawl.

First though in the morning a few of the spinners that meet at the Aloha Grange will be going in and helping with the Spring Grange Clean-up. As a member, I felt I should be there and the others are going to help show their appreciation for the use of the place.

Rachel and I will meet up with Cindy and a friend of hers, possibly have Shelia along too. Then we'll check out some stores I haven't had an opportunity to visit yet. I had hoped to get out today to see a few, but that wasn't to be. Might be able to cover a couple of extras on Sunday though. I don't really 'plan' to see all 16 but wouldn't mind trying to see as many as possible. We've heard that the door prize baskets are pretty awesome, plus many of the stores are having their own great deals.

I had two skeins of Malabrigo Lace in Velvet Grapes that had been sitting in my stash for over a year and not really calling to me to do anything with them. I decided to put them in the trade/sell area of my stash. Thursday all of a sudden they were very popular. Three separate people contacted me about them. One offered up some Malabrigo Lace Indigo, so I'm shipping them off to Canada in trade. Much nicer than getting cash I think. ;-)

Have a great fibery weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment