Thursday, May 14, 2009

Buddy Bears

When I was interviewed by RaNaye for All About Yarn I had to bring in samples of things I knitted so I went around the house and found them and brought them in. These did include a couple of teddy bear sweaters and hats.

Once I started working RaNaye asked if I would head up trying to get the Toys n Joy Makers to let us make sweaters for their teddy bears. Lots of phone calls and in the meantime I heard about the Washington County Sheriff's Buddy Bear Program. Took a bit of work to get a good contact but finally found one. They thought it would be great if we would make clothing for the Buddy Bears.

The Buddy Bears are ones that are carried in the sheriff's cars to be given to a child in distress at the scene of a call.

We had delivered to the store a couple of bags of bears. We've started knitting sweaters and what not for the bears on Tuesdays and Fridays. I picked out a little bear that was in an unusual pose to dress with a hat and scarf:


The Toys n Joy Makers did get back to us, and I need to follow up again with them. Instead of doing clothes for their bears they've asked us to do clothes for their dolls.

If you'd like to knit up clothes for either, come join us on Tuesdays and Fridays through the summer 1-4pm. You can also just send or drop off the clothes to the store and we'll pick a bear or doll for them to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment