I'm behind on some of my 12 goals, but I was able to get one more done today. I brazenly started it Monday and did stay up late each night working on it. I had started to do the bind off before going to bed Tuesday night and finished it up this afternoon. Then I popped it into a dye pot. The yarn had been given to me by Rachel back at the World Wide Spin in Public. She didn't like the pink and so I scooped it up and put it aside with the thought of making a shawl for her and over-dyeing.
The shawl was still damp when I headed out to knit night at Whole Foods, but I wanted to get it in Rachel's hands. She's been having difficulty with a now former friend and not a happy girl. I thought the shawl in a pretty green might help cheer her up a little. I also had said I would help with some illumination painting, so once she set her dinner down asked if she could help with photos. She of course cheerfully put on a smile and posed in the shawl and then I told her that it was hers. :-)
|Still pink and just done, ends still need to be woven in.|
|Nice size to keep the shoulders warm, you can also see by the color variations how it was kettle dyed|
|Showing how wide it is|
This is my first illumination painting. Its a little note card that can be given as largess. I got to keep my paintbrush so I can do more future painting. Thankfully, Veronica can do whitework to fix some of the brush boo-boos. I tried to clean where I went onto the black lines and got most of them, but I'm sure she'll make it better. ;-) This is a once a month event, so I'll give up part of a knit night to help paint.