I had hoped to get three shrugs done in March. Those the shawl and then the socks seem to suck up time in their own ways. I then tried to get a shrug pattern to work for ten and eleven year old girls. I cast on with the recommended needles, said no way was that going to work. Tried on the needles three sizes larger and still wasn't going to work. I even thought I'd add in the motif pattern on each side to increase and that threw other numbers off and all of this took a couple of days earlier in the week and kept me from getting all three done.
I put that pattern aside and went with the one intended for the adult. It went really well, even with adding a couple extra increases and lengthening the body. I imagine that if I wanted to I could try to spice it up, but its a nice simple little shrug that will keep her warm in the spring or fall. Could be used in the other seasons I'm sure too.
I used a ball and almost another one out of my three leftover ones of the Berroco Love It! I'd used in my February Lady Sweater. I'd gotten these in one of Susan Pandorf's destash sales she had last year. I think I can get a hair out of the leftover ball and a smidge. Here's the shrug that I'm currently thinking may go to Bailey, but may go to Keisha. It was originally intended for Keisha but looks small, but when I see her next I may decide it would fit her. Trying to be flexible here!