Monday, August 17, 2009

Progress

I'm in charge of organizing a vendor booth for the PDX-Knit-Bloggers at Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival, but for legal purposes our booth is going to be the PDX-Knit-Co-Op booth.

We're going to have a variety of things for sale - fiber - amazing batts and rovings, yarns, patterns, stitchmarkers, row marker bracelets, soaps, spinning related wood items, bead orifice hooks are some of the items we'll have.

Since we have at least a dozen people pulling together items we've decided to go with two booth spaces. Now it will be interesting getting everything into the space at the event! All the sellers have thought about how they'll display things so that's a big help.

Next up is coming up with a shift schedule so that everyone also helps out in the booth but doesn't feel overburdened.

Just six weeks until OFFF! No pressure at all.

I've also started working with the Habu raw silk with the Miriam Felton scarf pattern. It's interesting to work with. I'm using my Harmony needles and and they still occasionally shred the strand. Like a lot of lace, blocking will be the key.

On a separate note, I've been having problems being monogamous in my reading. ;-) I currently have four different books going. One is an owned book put aside for library books. One is a non-fiction book that really is interesting, I just had to switch it up with a book that has an earlier due date. The final book is by a local author that lives up on Mt Hood. I've enjoyed her series, but for some reason feel like I'm having to work to read the story. Three out of four will be read before their due dates. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Am I too late to get in on that? I never got the email.

    ReplyDelete