So after a few days of not working on anything, I went back to what was, spinning. I am trying to get spun up some superwash merino that I've had in my stash for over three years. I had Sara dye it up, I had hoped that she could come close to the BMFA red from the sock summit colorways. Can't find it on their web site, but Sara wasn't able to get it. It was two eight ounce bundles of superwash merino from Woodland Woolworks and a really great price. One bundle came out red-purple and the other red-blue.
I originally thought I would use it in my spinning for socks class and while I use a tiny bit there, when I came back to it, I decided to just spin each four ounce up on their own bobbin and ply them together.
|Singles on the bobbins|
|All plied up!|
|Off the bobbin and in a skein|
|755 yards of light fingering weight superwash yarn|
|Close-up. Brandon thought it looked like a wine color, so that's its name. ;-)|