Saturday, November 29, 2008

More progress....

The Razor Shell Lace Scarf has been sitting idly by while other projects have caught my eye. It's not that the yarn, Malabrigo Lace - Purple Mistery, isn't a joy to knit with. The pattern is rather simple too. Just two rows and only one of them take any thought. Needle size is a respectable US 8 so not working with really thin yarn on tiny needles.

I think its the speed of progress. A couple hours work and you've only grown maybe four inches or so. I know I need to remember that its lace and this is probably a fairly decent bit of progress.

Today I decided I needed to spend time working on this scarf. I added just over a foot in length with a total of 13.5 inches added. I would have had more length but found that watching "The Orphanage" with William threw my counting off while also trying to knit. I found myself having to tink back I think it was three separate times and doing several rows when I did. After the last one I measured and set aside and decided I would come back to it fresh tomorrow and finish those last eight or so inches or until the yarn runs out (both are close).

ETA: I finished this up on Sunday November 30th just before bed. I'm in the process of blocking it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment