Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 5 of Tour de Fleece & Medieval Egyptian Stockings

Started with this:
 And ended with this:
Four ounces of Shetland dyed by Rogue Adventures, Oregon Cobbler colorway. It will rest for the next four days while I'm off camping at An Tir - West War.

We picked a bunch of cherries to take with us. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the tree before we leave in the morning. It still has a lot of cherries left on it. We put the call out to friends to come over while and pick cherries. William knows about them, so he'll be expecting them. Maybe that way the yard won't smell fermented when we get back?

I only was able to put in two repeats of the diamond foot pattern this evening:

I had thought it was fitting a little loose, but now that I have more on the foot, it feels great! I was going to do the author's afterthought heel, but I think I'll just go ahead and to the short row heel when I get to it. Less chance of me forgetting to put it in that way! I have a couple of no wrap hints saved in an email that I hope I won't have trouble getting to the web sites from the car. I'm letting Brandon drive so I can knit. Well, okay, that and we're getting up really early and I'm really really not a morning person. So much better if he drives. :-)
More pretties from the yard that I did remember to take pictures of:
 These are the same day lillies. I think the bottom one was damp and with the high heat kind of faded?
The daisies are about four feet tall!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July! I just finished re-reading Diana Gabaldon's An Echo in the Bone. It's set during the first half of the Revolution. Very cool that she also mentions Benjamin Rush, my family's link. We're related through my grandfather on my mother's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment