Thursday, May 1, 2008

spindle envy

I want a new spindle. I want to make a new spindle of my own. I'd really like to do one on the lathe, Brandon thinks I could start out on his big one and decide if I want a smaller one. Grizzly has a small version in the $160 range.

I have also seen a lot of people using the stone donut kinds from bead stores. The one bead store I checked out that's close to home was sadly lacking in the kinds of beads I wanted. Won't be going back there.

Why all this envy? I'm not enjoying my big heavy, non-notched, Louet. The hook also sucks, but I could probably fix that with a tweak of the pliers. I think its inhibiting me from obtaining a finer consistent single. Until I have a second spindle to test this theory on, I'm not going to play with the sliver I got from Knit/Purl.

I don't want to do the toy versions and hand-paint. I want the pretty wood or glass/stone ones. Am I weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment