Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Knit Designer Goal

My dear husband was the one that encouraged me to learn how to knit. I resisted for a couple years, happy with my crochet. Then took the plunge and haven't looked back. I use crochet skills still, but knitting it my love.

Along the way, I was changing things that didn't work for me in a pattern. Then he started saying that I should be writing my own patterns.

2016 and 2017 I actually did create some patterns, but nothing officially written down and published on Ravelry, except for one - Number Play (Using link will open a new window). To date I have 710 unique downloads of the pattern!  I need to knit up the Knit Picks version so that I can submit it there. I've written the Number Play Two shawl, a fingering weight version knit with Fierce Fibers yarn and Knit Picks Stroll Gradient. The first one I was inspired by the Equinox colorway of Stacey's Buxom yarn and told her it needed to be knit up as a sample for Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. I had a little over a week to write and knit the pattern up! Then go back and test knit it to fix errors, and there were a few. ;-) With Number Play Two, I've figured out a better format so when I release it, I'll also do one more update for Number Play.
So I'm going to be blogging more this next year! Hope you enjoy the ride along with me!

2 comments: