Thursday, November 22, 2012

I have been knitting!

I was chatting with Michele of PDXKnitterati about her newest scarf design and she asked if I'd like to test knit it. Since I would be using my own yarn, I said sure!

I was able to make some suggestions to make the pattern easier to read for a beginner knitter and I got a scarf that I'll be able to gift to someone this holiday season. A win-win! Plus, I get some test knit credit for it too. ;-)




Since that project went well, I thought I might be over my knitting slump and while in one of the Ravelry groups saw a suggestion for doing the BFF cowl in Oregon State University colors. I thought that might make a nice hostess gift for my cousin's wife. She's been hosting the HUGE family Thanksgiving since my Aunt Zoe Anne has had breast cancer.




Kristin is an elementary school teacher and a busy mom of three kids, so I did it out of a mystery orange acrylic I had gotten and some Lion's Brand Wool-Ease. I think it came out well and hopefully she likes it!

I was in the middle of working on the BFF when I commented on Larissa Brown's Litla shawl that she posted in FaceBook. One thing lead to another and I was soon test knitting for her the Litla shawl. Its one of the only times I can think of that I actually did a gauge swatch! I had to go up a needle size to get close to gauge and was still a little off, but I don't think its enough to affect the end shawl. ;-)

This too is planned as a gift. Anyone who is in the SCA with me could probably see the connection, but I'm not going to spell it all out here. Suffice to say that I was also able to help make the pattern easier to read and solved a math crunch at a critical point. ;-) I get another lovely finished item to give as a gift and Larissa's offered me another shawl pattern as a thank you.

Here's my Litla Shawl:



I'll need to make a little shawl pin to keep it closed, but that will be fun for me to do too!

With these three successes, I hope to do a slew of slippers, so look for those coming soon! I'm going to continue my success by re-visiting Michele's Thrumbelina slippers first. I might let Brandon drive so I can start these on our way down for Thanksgiving in Corvallis.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgivings surrounded by family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. Why yes, you have been knitting! Glad you're over your slump. Thanks for test knitting for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele! Happy to test knit for you anytime!

      Delete