Saturday, November 9, 2013

NaKniSweMo Progress Update 1

I've been knitting for nine days and have made steady progress - Yay!

I manage to get one pattern repeat done a day, because I'm now also working on another project and because I have it memorized and it gets a little tedious. I've done two in one day or a little more than one.

Day 2

Day 2
Day 4
Day 5
As you can see above, I've used about a skein of yarn to get to that point. Now like a lot of knitters weaving in ends isn't a lot of fun. I'd recently seen a post by Knitted Wit about how to join yarns without ends to weave in. It's supposed to be fairly easy to let it blend in. Here's the YouTube video on how to do it.

Here's my knot:

Here it is all knitted in. It ended up at the point of the pattern. I can feel it. If I hunt for it, I can find it, but its not glaringly obvious. I'll see with the next one if I continue to use this.

Day 6

Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
So making progress. I want to get the sleeve/upper body done, so it looks like a cardigan rather than a shawl in progress. My row count will change with that though, so maybe I shouldn't be so eager? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment