Monday, November 30, 2009

Cardi, Cranberry Chutney & Woodworking

I moved the sleeves on to waste yarn today and have started the zip through the knit row and plod (it seems like it anyway) through the purl row. Maybe I should go back and review that video from a month or so ago? Reverse knitting or something. ;-) I have about three inches from under the sleeves and have I think two more inches before the next instructions, probably a set of ribbing rows before binding off and going back to work the sleeves.  Here's a nice daylight photo to show the progress:

For dinner I made a nice lasagna that the boys apparently liked. They both went back for seconds. There was just enough leftover for Brandon to take for lunch tomorrow. On that success I, with the help of Brandon peeling and slicing the apples, made the Cranberry Chutney. I had Granny Smiths and Red Delicious so I used two each of those along with some frozen Asian Pears. There were also raisins from dehydrated grapes from our vines in with the cranberries. I skipped the celery (didn't have any on hand and not a huge fan of it) and didn't add the pecans. If people want nuts, they can add their own. :-) There are seven jelly jars (those tall ones) cooling on the counter with their tops sealed - love that 'pop' that they make as they seal. This is all that was leftover that wouldn't fit in a jar, a little blurry:


I have had a low level migraine most of the day, so why I wasn't out in the garage helping. Brandon was in and out most of the evening starting a project. I think it might be a wine rack for his dad. He found some Spanish Cedar that I'll cut into blocks or something and share with spinner/knitter friends to keep those pesky moths away.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing, and hasn't lost any fingers.
Oh! Soaked and hung the Cinnamon Eton's Scarf for my dad today. It grew a lot! Still a pretty scarf. Saving the pennies to get some of Sharon's Crimson sock yarn. It was a toss up between that and the Cinnamon for the scarf. I don't think she's done the Cinnamon in sock yarn, yet? ;-)

I almost forgot! A friend of a friend shared this recipe link on FaceBook. If you love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, these are supposed to be a close substitute. If nothing else, they sure look taste for holiday sharing!

Speaking of sharing......If you're knitting holiday gifts and want a couple of cowls and you like free. Susan Pandorff has these to share for the day. She'll share another one, or more, next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment